Baffle Stack Construction
Earthwool® glasswool: Baffle stack construction is designed to provide a cost-effective barrier for use in the CAC system to reduce flanking sound transmission through the ceiling path. In high rise buildings and offices, Earthwool glasswool: Baffle stack is commonly used over acoustic partitions and compressed.
The consistent quality, low dust, and clean-cutting resilient glasswool makes installation fast. Earthwool glasswool insulation is highly resilient, recovering quickly to full thickness. It also greatly reduces the transmission of noise in the home and office.
The recommended product for Baffle Stack construction is Earthwool glasswool insulation: 14kg/m3 Acoustic batts 75 x 430mm. For wider joist spacing, Earthwool glasswool: 14kg/m3 Acoustic batts 75 x 580mm can be used.
Earthwool glasswool: Baffle stack construction should be installed as a layer stack above acoustic partition walls and must be installed with enough compression to ensure stack stability and a tight fit to all surfaces including slab, roof or floor above. There are to be no gaps in the stack and small pieces should be used to fill around services, ducting and structural components. Depending on the project, it may be necessary to consult with a HVAC Installer/Engineer prior to installation to ensure no loss of effective air movement to the active return of the air conditioning system.
Earthwool glasswool: Baffle stack construction can be installed to a height of 1m without specialist design considerations. Above this height, consideration must be given to the stack stability and weight loading restrictions on the ceiling tiles and grid system. Other options are available for spaces above 1m.
- Preferred by professional installers concerned with quality, appearance and productivity.
- Excellent acoustical properties reduce sound transmission in the home when properly installed in walls, ceiling and floor systems.
- Earthwool glasswool is odourless, rot proof, non-hygroscopic, do not sustain vermin and will not encourage the growth of fungi, mould or bacteria.
- Highly resilient insulation recovers quickly to full thickness for a snug fit and superior finished aesthetics.
- Consistent quality materials feel good, cut easily and install fast.
- Low dust for easier handling and increased productivity.
Convenient Packaging, Easier Handling
- Earthwool glasswool is packaged in a strong, white poly bag that offers excellent protection from abuse, dust and moisture.
- Earthwool glasswool packages feature easy to follow installation instructions.
- Master bag units (containing multiple packs) ensure reduced handling costs with improved compression – more square metres per bag, more square metres per truck load, fewer trips to the job site and less warehouse space for storage.
Superior Service and Support
- Knauf Insulation is totally focused on providing first class customer service, producing high quality product and ‘on time in full’ deliveries.
- Knauf Insulation recognises the need to establish, develop and support a professional network of distributors and re-sellers in order to service a growing insulation market.
- Knauf Insulation is committed to providing a comprehensive range of relevant literature and web-based technical information to support specifiers and consumers.