Ceiling Insulation Rolls
Earthwool® glasswool: Ceiling insulation rolls are an ideal solution for thermal and acoustic insulation of both residential and commercial roofs.
Condensation control can be achieved when the product is faced with a foil of the appropriate duty classification.
Earthwool glasswool: Ceiling insulation rolls is available at your local Bunnings Warehouse.
If you're installing Earthwool yourself then don't forget to check out our DIY Safety Instructions and Precautions before you start.
Earthwool glasswool: Ceiling insulation rolls provide a cost effective thermal and acoustical barrier for energy efficient construction. The consistent quality, low dust, and clean cutting resilient glasswool makes installation fast. Earthwool glasswool: Ceiling insulation rolls can be used in timber and metal frame applications in residential and commercial structures. Knauf Insulation offers Earthwool glasswool insulation: Ceiling rolls in a wide range of sizes and R-values.
Earthwool glasswool: Ceiling insulation rolls can be used for cavity walls, floors, ceilings, attics, basements and crawlspaces. It is highly resilient, recovering quickly to full thickness. It also greatly reduces the transmission of noise in the home.
- Preferred by professional installers concerned with quality, appearance and productivity.
- Excellent acoustical properties reduce sound transmission in the home when properly installed in walls, ceiling and floor systems.
- Earthwool glasswool is odourless, rot proof, non-hygroscopic, do not sustain vermin and will not encourage the growth of fungi, mould or bacteria.
- Highly resilient insulation recovers quickly to full thickness for a snug fit and superior finished aesthetics.
- Consistent quality materials feel good, cut easily and install fast.
- Low dust for easier handling and increased productivity.
Convenient Packaging, Easier Handling
- Earthwool glasswool is packaged in a strong, white poly bag that offers excellent protection from abuse, dust and moisture.
- Earthwool glasswool packages feature easy to follow installation instructions.
- Master bag units (containing multiple packs) ensure reduced handling costs with improved compression – more square metres per bag, more square metres per truck load, fewer trips to the job site and less warehouse space for storage.
Superior Service and Support
- Knauf Insulation is totally focused on providing first class customer service, producing high quality product and ‘on time in full’ deliveries.
- Knauf Insulation recognises the need to establish, develop and support a professional network of distributors and re-sellers in order to service a growing insulation market.
- Knauf Insulation is committed to providing a comprehensive range of relevant literature and web-based technical information to support specifiers and consumers.
Earthwool glasswool: Ceiling Rolls
|Material Code||R-Value (m²K/W)||Thickness (mm)||Width (mm)||Length (mm)||Area per pack (m²)|
• AS/NZS 4859.1: 2002 Materials used in the Thermal Insulation of Buildings and comply with the New Zealand Building Code requirements: B2 – Durability, E3 – External Moisture, F2 – Hazardous Building Materials, and H1 – Energy Efficiency, as appraised by BRANZ.
The Earthwool® glasswool: Ceiling roll is an acceptable solution in terms of the New Zealand Building Code.
• ASTM C 518
• ASTM C 653
The ceiling insulation shall be Earthwool glasswool: Ceiling rolls R*, *mm thick, BRANZ appraised to meet the provisions of the NZBC. The product will be non-combustible, CFC/HCHC free, zero ODP & GWP, Global GreenTag Cert™ Level A certified, glasswool insulation with high post-consumer recycled glass content and with ECOSE® Technology. It will be manufactured under Quality Assurance Standards ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 by Knauf Insulation and shall be installed in accrodance with the instructions issued by them.
*architect to insert details of product used.
The formulation used for Earthwool glasswool has been independently assessed to meet the requirements of the stringent Note Q standard (and is therefore consistent with the highest New Zealand industry standards), and also assessed by Knauf Insulation against the criteria of the Australian Safety and Compensation Council ASCC Approved Criteria for Classifying Hazardous Substances [NOHSC: 1008 3rd Edition]. As a result of this assessment, Earthwool glasswool insulation is not classified as hazardous according to the NOHSC criteria.
Water Vapour Absorption (ASTM C 1104)
• Less than 5% by weight.
Corrosion Resistance (ASTM C 665)
• No greater than sterile cotton.
Microbial Growth (ASTM C 1338)
• Does not support microbial growth.
Fire Resistance (ASTM E 136)