DIY Multi-Use Roll
Earthwool® glasswool: Multi-Use roll is a new generation of softer, safer and more environmentally friendly glasswool insulation specifically designed for DIY installation.
Advanced compression packaging reduces handling time and the storage space required on-site.
The packaging is conveniently sized to be easily transportable and its 90mm thickness enables use in walls or for top-up insulation in ceilings.
Earthwool glasswool: Multi-Use rolls are available at your local Bunnings Warehouse.
If you're installing Earthwool glasswool yourself then don't forget to check out our DIY Safety Instructions and Precautions before you start.
Earthwool glasswool: Multi-Use roll provides a cost-effective thermal and acoustic barrier for energy-efficient construction. The consistent quality, low dust, and clean-cutting resilient glasswool makes fabrication easy and installation fast. Earthwool glasswool: Multi-Use roll can be used in timber and metal frame applications in residential and commercial structures.
Knauf Insulation offers Earthwool glasswool: Multi-Use roll in a 430mm and 580mm width to suit most joist spaces. Earthwool glasswool can be used for cavity walls, floors, ceilings, attics, basements and crawlspaces. It is highly resilient, recovering quickly to full thickness. It also greatly reduces the transmission of noise in the home.
- Preferred by professional installers concerned with quality, appearance and productivity.
- Excellent acoustical properties reduce sound transmission in the home when properly installed in walls, ceiling and floor systems.
- Earthwool glasswool DIY Multi-Use Insulation Rolls are odourless, rot proof, non-hygroscopic, do not sustain vermin and will not encourage the growth of fungi, mould or bacteria.
- Highly resilient insulation recovers quickly to full thickness for a snug fit and superior finished aesthetics.
- Consistent quality materials feel good, cut easily and install fast.
- Low dust for easier handling and increased productivity.
Convenient Packaging, Easier Handling
- Earthwool glasswool DIY Multi-Use Insulation Rolls are packaged in a strong, white poly bag that offers excellent protection from abuse, dust and moisture.
- Earthwool glasswool DIY Multi-Use Insulation Rolls packages feature easy to follow installation instructions.
- MasterBag units (containing multiple packs) ensure reduced handling costs with improved compression – more square metres per bag, more square metres per truck load, fewer trips to the job site and less warehouse space for storage.
Superior Service and Support
- Knauf Insulation is totally focused on providing first class customer service, producing high quality product and ‘on time in full’ deliveries.
- Knauf Insulation recognises the need to establish, develop and support a professional network of distributors and re-sellers in order to service a growing insulation market.
- Knauf Insulation is committed to providing a comprehensive range of relevant literature and web-based technical information to support specifiers and consumers.
Earthwool glasswool: Multi-Use Insulation Rolls
|Material Code||R-Value (m²K/W)||Thickness (mm)||Width (mm)||Length (mm)||Area per pack (m²)|
• AS/NZS 4859.1: 2002 Materials used in the Thermal Insulation of Buildings and comply with the Building Code of Australia (BCA) requirements.
• ASTM C 518
• ASTM C 653
The formulation used for Earthwool® glasswool has been independently assessed to meet the requirements of the stringent Note Q standard (and is therefore consistent with the highest Australian and New Zealand industry standards), and also assessed by Knauf Insulation against the criteria of the Australian Safety and Compensation Council ASCC Approved Criteria for Classifying Hazardous Substances [NOHSC: 1008 3rd Edition]. As a result of this assessment, Earthwool glasswool is not classified as hazardous according to the NOHSC criteria.
Water Vapour Absorption (ASTM C 1104)
• Less than 5% by weight.
Corrosion Resistance (ASTM C 665)
• No greater than sterile cotton.
Microbial Growth (ASTM C 1338)
• Does not support microbial growth.
Fire Resistance (ASTM E 136)