DriTherm Masonry Slab
Earthwool® glasswool: DriTherm® Masonry slabs are a new generation of softer, safer and more environmentally friendly glasswool insulation.
Earthwool glasswool: DriTherm Masonry slab is a silicone treated insulation product for strapping and lining of masonry walls.
Earthwool glasswool: DriTherm Masonry slabs provide a cost-effective thermal and acoustic barrier for energy-efficient construction. The consistent quality, low dust, and clean-cutting resilient glasswool makes installation fast. Earthwool glasswool: DriTherm Masonry slabs can be used in masonry cavity external walls and are installed to fully fill the cavity. Earthwool glasswool: DriTherm Masonry slabs are 600mm wide to suit standard vertical wall tie spacings, ensuring a closed joint with adjacent slabs.
- Preferred by professional installers concerned with quality, appearance and productivity.
- Excellent acoustical properties reduce sound transmission in the home when properly installed in wall systems.
- Earthwool glasswool is odourless, rot proof, non-hygroscopic, does not sustain vermin and will not encourage the growth of fungi, mould or bacteria.
- Earthwool glasswool: DriTherm Masonry slabs offer negligible resistance to the passage of water vapour and have a water vapour resistivity of 5.00MNs/g.m.
- Earthwool glasswool: DriTherm Masonry slabs comply with the Deemed to Satisfy provisions of the BCA in relation to cavity wall insulation and will not affect the moisture resistance of the wall.
- Tests by the British Board of Agrément confirm that Earthwool glasswool: DriTherm Masonry slabs will not transmit water to the inner leaf. Nor will they transmit moisture by capillary action across the cavity or from below damp proof course level.
- Highly resilient insulation recovers quickly to full thickness for a snug fit and superior finished aesthetics.
- Consistent quality materials feel good, cut easily and install fast.
- Low dust for easier handling and increased productivity.
Convenient Packaging, Easier Handling
- Earthwool glasswool is packaged in a strong, white poly bag that offers excellent protection from abuse, dust and moisture.
- Earthwool glasswool packages feature easy to follow installation instructions.
- MasterBag insulation units (containing multiple packs) ensure reduced handling costs with improved compression – more square metres per bag, more square metres per truck load, fewer trips to the job site and less warehouse space for storage.
Superior Service and Support
- Knauf Insulation is focused on providing first class customer service, producing high quality products and ‘in full on time’ deliveries.
- Knauf Insulation recognises the need to establish, develop and support a professional network of distributors and re-sellers in order to service a growing insulation market.
- Knauf Insulation is committed to providing a comprehensive range of relevant sales and marketing literature and web-based technical information to support specifiers and customers.
Earthwool glasswool: DriTherm Masonry slabs
|Material Code||R-Value (m²K/W)||Thickness (mm)||Width (mm)||Length (mm)||Area per pack (m²)||$/m²|
Earthwool® glasswool: DriTherm® Masonry slabs are manufactured in accordance with BS EN 13162, EN 16001 Energy Management Systems, OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems, ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems, and ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems, as certified by Bureau Veritas.
The cavity wall insulation shall be Earthwool glasswool: DriTherm Masonry slabs R*, *mm thick. The product will be non-combustible, CFC/HCHC free, zero ODP & GWP, glasswool insulation with high post-consumer recycled glass content and with ECOSE® Technology. It will be manufactured under Quality Assurance Standards ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 by Knauf Insulation and shall be installed in accrodance with the instructions issued by them.
*architect to insert details of product used.
The formulation used for Earthwool glasswool has been independently assessed to meet the requirements of the stringent Note Q standard (and is therefore consistent with the highest New Zealand industry standards), and also assessed by Knauf Insulation against the criteria of the Australian Safety and Compensation Council ASCC Approved Criteria for Classifying Hazardous Substances [NOHSC: 1008 3rd Edition]. As a result of this assessment, Earthwool glasswool is not classified as hazardous according to the NOHSC criteria.
Corrosion Resistance (ASTM C 665)
• No greater than sterile cotton.
Microbial Growth (ASTM C 1338)
• Does not support microbial growth.
Fire Resistance (AS 1530.1:1994)