The rental housing stock in New Zealand will be progressively upgraded in order to comply with the changes to the Residential Tenancies Act. The introduction of 10 year battery smoke alarms and adding more insulation will help in making them more comfortable and healthy to live in.

How can I arrange for my rental home to be insulated?

If you would like to have insulation installed by a professional, contact us to organise a free, no obligation quote, which you can pass on to your landlord or property manager. Or, if you or someone in your family is a tradesman and you don’t mind spending a few hours insulating the house yourself, ask your landlord to purchase the insulation from your local Bunnings store, and you’ll do the rest. That way your landlord saves money, and you get a warmer house faster. We have a range of install instructions and videos to guide you through the installation process.

What’s more, all Bunnings stores have a full range of super-soft Earthwool® glasswool insulation, which is one of the best value insulation products around. Don’t wait, act now!

For more information on the changes and how to get your property in compliance, please read through our FAQ’s.