Dunedin houses warming up
By Anonymous on August 13, 2014 has reported (27/07/2014) on the approval of funding for home insulation in another 1200 Dunedin properties.

A group called Cosy Homes focuses on warming up every Dunedin home within 11 years.  They co-ordinate the work of different social, central and local government agencies.

Energy Efficiency Conservation Authority (EECA) has given the green light for the the extra homes to receive subsidies for home insulation and has approved three local insulation businesses to complete the job.

Otago Community Trust pays for 40 per cent of the home insulation work with the Government contributing the remaining 60 per cent.

Jeff Donaldson, Cosy Homes chairman, said that the group focuses on other solutions as well as home insulation to keep a home warm.  Eliminating draughts, full length curtains and heating appliances are also considered.

Thanks to a special offer from EECA, the group has helped facilitate the installation of home insulation in around 1000 Dunedin homes over the past three months.

Barbara Bridger from the Otago Community Trust said that they are involved with the insulation scheme due to the huge health benefits.

The trust have increased their investment to $400,000, up $200,000 from last year.  They work closely with social agencies in Otago and also with Cosy Homes.